Go Back   Detroit Racing Forums > General Discussion > The Gym

» Sponsors
Support Our Sponsors
Unread 08-07-2007, 05:32 PM   #1
90-notch

90-notch I need rep points!
Default First day back at the gym

Well i did it!!
Went last night and checked out the new power house they put up about 3 miles from me (by the 50's McDonalds on telegraph)

1 year membership was 99 dollars so i couldn't say no it was a hell of a deal.

I woke up this morning at 5am, normally I'm up at 7am, Went to the gym and worked on my arms today. I did a 1hr work out, came home took a shower.

I must say I had more energy thru out the day then i think i ever had. All day I was pretty pumped. Really don't know if it was the excitement of getting in shape, the rush of the work out still there, or maybe the hot blond that walked in while i was working out

I took my 1 week photos. so i can see the progress I'm making.
Since i meet my wife I've dropped 20lbs currently at 162, 5'10. So i'm looking to get the 20 + lbs back.
Everyone swears I only weigh 145, but there mostly FAT people.

I'm gonna have alot of work ahead of me, I have problem areas, So I'm gonna have some questions, So when every you all have time I'll throw some questions out there, Most of my weight lifting was done in high school were i got to 189.

My goals are to get into more of the althleic part of body building. I don't want to be that 6'6", 325lb guy in the gym who looks like he could lift the building. (notice i say looks). I'm wanting to do more of the competition stuff. If I'm not to old lol I'm 33
90-notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2007, 06:24 PM   #2
Crazzy_Al
One man Wrecking Crew

Crazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like me

Ahhh yes. I hope you enjoy the next few days of agonizing pain and soreness!! I often wish I could have those days back. **seriously**

Low, Loud, and "Stormtroopered"...and slow.
MPH.cc / Team MPH
Crazzy_Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2007, 06:31 PM   #3
90-notch

I'm generally sore everyday lol. I climb telephone poles with gafs, and my ladders weighs 98lbs, + all my gear i have to wear. I probably strap on about 50lbs around my waist in the morning and have to carry the crap around all day. It sucks my legs are burning by the end of the day sometimes.
Unread 08-08-2007, 07:24 AM   #4
LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS I need rep points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazzy_Al
Ahhh yes. I hope you enjoy the next few days of agonizing pain and soreness!! I often wish I could have those days back. **seriously**
really? I STILL get sore. you are to used to your workout...gotta change it up bro.
LITTLEMAGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2007, 07:25 AM   #5
orangejuiced86
Grinding gears!

orangejuiced86 I need rep points!

ya, I get sore everytime also. somedays it really blows.
Unread 08-08-2007, 08:07 AM   #6
Crazzy_Al
One man Wrecking Crew

Crazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like me

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLEMAGS
really? I STILL get sore. you are to used to your workout...gotta change it up bro.
I get sore, just not "just getting started" sore. Like today it feels like my chest is going to rip free of my ribs.

MPH.cc / Team MPH
Unread 08-08-2007, 05:02 PM   #7
90-notch

Well today I felt energized but damn am i sore, My arms just plan out ache. I was still able to toss around the 28' 98lb ladder, Just sore, my bicepts are still hard as rocks.
I need to load up on some stuff, What's the suggested stuff to use as far as getting my muscles to recoupe a little faster?
I'm looking for a daily thing i should use like protien shakes, amino acids, etc etc.
I also have been reading up on fast/slow twitching muscles, and they use diffrent things to build them.
Gimmie a shopping list fellas.
Thanks
Unread 08-08-2007, 08:27 PM   #8
Crazzy_Al
One man Wrecking Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90-notch
...What's the suggested stuff to use as far as getting my muscles to recoupe a little faster?...
Protien, water, and stretching.

MPH.cc / Team MPH