Register FAQ/Rules Image Hosting Members List Calendar Forum Home

Go Back   Detroit Racing Forums > RSS NewsFeeds > Street Legal TV Newsfeed

» Sponsors
Support Our Sponsors
Unread 06-18-2010, 02:13 PM   #1
NewsBot

NewsBot I need rep points!
Default Mustang RTR Package Delivers Performance

Mustang RTR is a new dealer-installed package for the 2011 Ford Mustang. The package was developed and introduced by Vaughn Gittin Jr., providing performance and appearance upgrades for enthusiast driving.

Photos: Ford Motor Company

For those over 30 that have been out of the autosports world for the past five years or more , Gittin is driver of the Monster Energy/Falken Tire 2011 Mustang GT in the Formula Drift series. He explains, "I have dreamt of the RTR for many years and, thanks to my design team and the crew at Classic Design Concepts, have now made my vision a reality."

Gittin... "noticed first-hand that most of the aftermarket styling is heritage-based and remains very traditional. The Mustang RTR keeps pace with modern design and performance meant to stir the soul of every enthusiast and open up new eyes to the Ford Mustang," he explained from a new web site for the Mustang RTR.

Specific performance enhancements include Ford Racing M Falken FK-452 tires, unique 19" x 9.5" wheels, the Ford Racing handling pack, including performance-tuned dampers, sway bars and lowering springs, along with Ford Racing mufflers.

The Mustang RTR also features unique styling, highlighted by a chin spoiler with splitter and supports - similar to the Ford Racing FR500S - rocker splitters, a rear diffuser and aluminum rear spoiler. A unique Mustang RTR stripe scheme adds more distinction. The interior modifications include RTR-exclusive floor mats, shifter knob and emblems.

The Mustang RTR package is released for 2011 Mustang GTs, with a version for V6 cars to follow later in the year. Pricing was not announced.

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote