Go Back   Detroit Racing Forums > General Discussion > The Alley

» Sponsors
Support Our Sponsors
Unread 08-07-2005, 09:37 PM   #1
ReiKo
Pyrotechnician
Supporting Member

ReiKo I need rep points!
Default CALIAFORNIA TO CRACK DOWN ON MODIFIED CARS!!!

This is some bullshit...
ReiKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2005, 09:51 PM   #2
Strtracer
Retired

Strtracer will become famous soon enoughStrtracer will become famous soon enough

Saw that coming along time ago, and if its successful, expect it to jump to any state or city/county with a budget crisis. Dont make sense to bust someone without cash, so go after the modified cars, cause they got cash

What are you worried about Reiko, youre not part Asian, are you. lol
Unread 08-07-2005, 11:10 PM   #3
357windsor
Drowning in trans fluid

357windsor I need rep points!

California just sucks ass period.
357windsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2005, 11:24 PM   #4
Strtracer
Retired

Strtracer will become famous soon enoughStrtracer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357windsor
California just sucks ass period.
The Govanator fucked over car inthusiasts big time, made them think he'd be for a sane emissions program,and signed into law the most stringent testing theyve ever had, cause the Democrats showed him how much money they could earn.

As far as the modification law and confiscation, you can thank all the idiots that insist on burnouts in the middle of crowds, and donuts in fast food restaurants, ricer fly-bys on side streets with fart cans roaring, its not just the ricers, but they dont help. The more that morons and idiots think they can do anything they want, anywhere they want, the more all of us will pay. Its why Roseville has its Loitering ordinance, why Mt Clemens is going to shit, why ya cant hang out on the Westside without being chased away by the cops. Some dumbfucks go and do really stupid shit to get attention, and the people that live nearby get tired of it and complain.
Unread 08-08-2005, 12:20 AM   #5
silverknight
SLO = Shitty Low Output

silverknight I need rep points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strtracer
As far as the modification law and confiscation, you can thank all the idiots that insist on burnouts in the middle of crowds, and donuts in fast food restaurants, ricer fly-bys on side streets with fart cans roaring, its not just the ricers, but they dont help. The more that morons and idiots think they can do anything they want, anywhere they want, the more all of us will pay. Its why Roseville has its Loitering ordinance, why Mt Clemens is going to shit, why ya cant hang out on the Westside without being chased away by the cops. Some dumbfucks go and do really stupid shit to get attention, and the people that live nearby get tired of it and complain.
like this past saturday night at 50s McDonalds at like 2am.. all of a sudden all the ricers just start revin thier motor for like no reason.. and some were like stock shit boxes.. 3 min later cop just rolled through, he didnt say anything or do anything, but we all knew it was time to go. same with joe randazos by my house. they used to allow people to meet there.. but people would litter and do burnouts and have thier music on too loud. and now cops bust that all the time.

White 93 Ford Taurus SHO ATX - 108k - kinda stock

Blue 62 Caddy Sedan De'Ville - FOR SALE $2000firm
silverknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2005, 07:06 AM   #6
1Quick88
Supporting Member

1Quick88 I need rep points!

that really sucks for people in Cali though. i dont see how they can legally give out tickets because u modified your car? doesnt seem right..

88 Camaro - 400sbc w/ TH350 Trans
1Quick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2005, 07:14 AM   #7
BigWheelinBubba

BigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributor

Its not only CA.. our own insurance companies impose limits on modifications to our cars. Try putting full coverage on a lowered car, or a roll bar, or brake mods. If you file a claim and they see it, you're getting denied.

We had this discussion with Glen when he wanted to put full coverage on his Mustang. After he looked into it a little and found out all of this was true, he decided he'd just put liability on it and hope nothing happens to it. Also theres that guys car that got hit last weekend by some idiot doing donuts. Its been mentioned that he had full coverage ont he car, hopefully they don't deny his claim due to "modifications".
Unread 08-08-2005, 07:44 AM   #8
1Quick88
Supporting Member

damn thats some bullshit...insurance company can all go to hell...

Unread 08-08-2005, 11:14 AM   #9
Strtracer
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Bad406RS
damn thats some bullshit...insurance company can all go to hell...
Read your policy, the exclusions are written in it. Most exclude a car with any part of a Nitrous system in it, but dont mention blowers. Suspension modifications are another area that they use to deny claims. If your car is old enough, some of the specialty insurance companies are the ones to check into, and they are not outragous in price, but the car cant be a daily driver.
Unread 08-08-2005, 11:16 AM   #10
1Quick88
Supporting Member

my dad is looking into gettin collector's insurance for his 67. they seem to be a pretty good way to go

Unread 08-08-2005, 12:02 PM   #11
99SVTAddict
Doesn't play well w/ others

99SVTAddict I need rep points!

I have collectors insurance on my 99 Cobra. Through Haggerty.

Most normal insurance policies will say, "Any modifications to the ride height, steering geomotry, or anything done to make the car faster will void said insurance policy...."