Register FAQ/Rules Image Hosting Members List Calendar Forum Home

Go Back   Detroit Racing Forums > RSS NewsFeeds > ADRL Newsfeed

» Sponsors
Support Our Sponsors
Unread 01-19-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
NewsBot

NewsBot I need rep points!
Default BTG Part I: Bankston Boyz Racing - With Big Expectations, Janes Comes On Board

Bankston Boyz Racing will boast plenty of depth in the American Drag Racing League (ADRL) in 2011 thanks to one recent signing.In an interview on the Jan. 6 edition of “ADRL Drag Racing Live,” Pro Nitrous standout Stan Allen announced that renowned car builder David Janes will drive for Michael Bankston and Bankston Boyz Racing in Pro Nitrous during the entire 2011 ADRL season.His car? The ‘68 Speedtech Camaro that Allen drove to a top-8 finish in PN a year ago. Allen, meanwhile will drive a brand-new lightweight ‘69 Camaro, courtesy of David Janes Race Cars. That car is headed to the paint shop in just over a week.It’s surely an exciting move for everyone on the Bankston team, as Janes brings a talented and proven track record in all facets of the racing game. He’s recorded two career ADRL wins and has enjoyed plenty of racing success in the Extreme 10.5 class while also becoming a top chassis builder.The addition was obviously met with praise from everyone on the team.“I eagerly anticipate his arrival as a teammate in hopes of witnessing the competitive fierceness he will bring to the game,” team spokesman Mark Teague said. “I have never personally witnessed anyone who fit into our scheme better than David Janes.”In Part I of this two-part “Beyond The Guardwall” piece, we go one-on-one with both Janes and team owner Michael Bankston (pictured). Both talk about their expectations in the ADRL this year and how everything came about in what has been a busy off-season as the team also continues to seek sponsorship from various sources. First up is Bankston, who has his sights set on big things for 2011 in the Pro Nitrous division.Question: What are your personal goals for the 2011 ADRL race season?Michael Bankston: “I wish to be able to surpass my prior achievements at this level against better-funded, full-time, professional drag race teams that we currently compete with.”Q: By naming David Janes driver of the second Bankston Racing entry, what are your plans with regard to each team?Bankston: “Both cars are equipped with the 5.3 borespaced Reher-Morrison motors and I will put my tune-ups in both, while the respective crews will continue with their individual assignments. I know that I have the full technical support at each and every race from David, Brad and all the others over at Reher-Morrison, and I hope they know how much we appreciate them.”Q: Is there is no intention of swapping motor programs? Bankston: “I’m not making a change from Reher, period! As a matter of fact, Reher-Morrison motors have me on a qualifying streak that began in Norwalk in 2008. Would you change?”Q: Where do you foresee this potent duo at this time next year?Bankston: “The team’s goal is to have both cars in the “Battle for the Belts” in 2011 with both competing for a World Championship. Simply put, I want to win and I feel that I have tremendously increased our team’s odds with the addition of David Janes and I can’t wait to get testing!”Those are some big goals from Bankston, but the team certainly appears to have plenty of potential.Janes also has some large aspirations of his own as the newest Bankston Boy.Question: David, what was the reasoning behind you joining Bankston Boyz Racing?David Janes: “The deciding factor for me was the quality top-shelf people involved in the operation, and Michael Bankston ensures that he is as well-equipped as any team out there.”Q: How did it all go down?Janes: “Well, I called Mike, more because I am building a new car for Stan and I had some questions. We started bouncing the idea around and it just worked out.I told Mike my priority is that Stan Allen is Bankston Boyz Racing’s No. 1 driver and that I wanted it understood that his car is my focus. I want to get Stan even more competitive, and if that means testing set-ups on my car and then transferring it to Stan’s, then that is what will happen. There is a lot of work to do before (the first event on March 25-26) and, as of now, I want to get us a good baseline on this ‘69 Camaro. I just want to do everything possible to move Stan forward in his professional career.”Q: Obviously, it seems like you and Stan have bonded pretty well. What kind of impression has he made on you?Janes: “I have a lot of respect for Stan because I have watched him for years now, and his disposition and competitiveness is what impressed me. He will tell it like it is and I admire that. I wanted to join Bankston Racing because I want to push Stan to be the best he can possibly be. I want to see what I can bring out in Stan.”In Part Two of this BTG feature, we talk to Stan Allen about his new car, his new teammate and his thoughts for 2011.

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote