Register FAQ/Rules Image Hosting Members List Calendar Forum Home

Go Back   Detroit Racing Forums > General Discussion > The Alley

» Sponsors
Support Our Sponsors
Unread 04-02-2009, 09:23 AM   #1
crazy

crazy I need rep points!
Default anyone ever just want to qiut?

everytime I go too steps forward with this car man. I was hooking up my nos ,wireing and I notice that my tach is stuck at 9000 .im like what the hell ,maybe when I start it the tach will go back down.so I hook the bat up hit it and BOOM god awful sounds .the starter exploded. so now another set back.
somone tell me why we do this shit again??????????????
Im realy thinking of getting out of this sport man. I cant afford this shit.
oh ya anyone have a hook up on a good starter.I had a powermaster in it . what now??
sorry I needed to vent.
crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2009, 09:35 AM   #2
Onefastgbody
Ridin Dirty

Onefastgbody I need rep points!

We have been battling mark468s car all week, finally got it running last night after all the little shit we had to go threw. I know how you feel, that is just when you leave the garage and go back in another day.
Onefastgbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2009, 09:36 AM   #3
Fryguy302
SPOOLED UP!
Administrator

Fryguy302 I need rep points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy
everytime I go too steps forward with this car man. I was hooking up my nos ,wireing and I notice that my tach is stuck at 9000 .im like what the hell ,maybe when I start it the tach will go back down.so I hook the bat up hit it and BOOM god awful sounds .the starter exploded. so now another set back.
oh ya anyone have a hook up on a good starter.I had a powermaster in it . what now??
sorry I needed to vent.

This is a pain in the ass hobby, no doubt. Expensive for sure. But if it was easy, everyone would be doing it. I've always had better luck with stock Ford starters, ask Reiko if he can hook you up.
Unread 04-02-2009, 10:15 AM   #4
crazy

crazy I need rep points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryguy302
This is a pain in the ass hobby, no doubt. Expensive for sure. But if it was easy, everyone would be doing it. I've always had better luck with stock Ford starters, ask Reiko if he can hook you up.
I have alot of compresion 14.45-1 think a stcker will hold?
Unread 04-02-2009, 10:21 AM   #5
Casper302
Cruising graph

Casper302 people like meCasper302 people like meCasper302 people like meCasper302 people like meCasper302 people like meCasper302 people like meCasper302 people like meCasper302 people like me

I miss having a car but not dealing with shit like that! My brother has the hytachi (Sp?) on his car and its 13.1. Got it from Tom Krafts it was $200.
Unread 04-02-2009, 10:27 AM   #6
ReiKo
Pyrotechnician
Supporting Member

ReiKo I need rep points!

Quote:
I have alot of compresion 14.45-1 think a stcker will hold?
As long as it's shimmed right and the contact path on the teeth are good... It will hold... If not... WARRANTY!
ReiKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2009, 10:48 AM   #7
Onefastgbody
Ridin Dirty

Onefastgbody I need rep points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiKo
As long as it's shimmed right and the contact path on the teeth are good... It will hold... If not... WARRANTY!
Onefastgbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2009, 11:07 AM   #8
ShadowFox
Pandora's Box

Location: Where the burbon's on the rocks an ur Sisters on my mouth!
ShadowFox I need rep points!

because after its all said and done wit was all worth it ...
Unread 04-02-2009, 01:34 PM   #9
orangejuiced86
Grinding gears!

orangejuiced86 I need rep points!

Ford starters dont generally get shimmed. The mount from the front. Now what I did was put my ignition on a switch and I am able to turn it off, let the motor crank a few times and then turn it on. Worked like a charm. I had a stock starter with 12:1.
Unread 04-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #10
johnquick302

johnquick302 is a positive contributor

shit i feel ya, went to go test the nitrous last night, crack the bottle and hear nitrous going in the motor. take it all apart and a plunger was fucked up, had to get another solenoid from wheeler today and rebuilt it and put it all back together. then go to test the nitrous again and broke another fucking lifter. all different ones, same shit that happened when i went to race blackstang and the guys from flint. new ones are on the way right now will be here at 630, motor is all torn down waiting for them. fuck comp lifters. this is like the 4th or 5th time this has happened. didnt want to spend 600 on lifters that money was for the chute and wing but need to get the motor right before i need those parts.

DETROIT STREET RACING DVD'S FOR SALE, PM ME IF INTERESTED

johnquick302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2009, 04:47 PM   #11
Termin8orFox

Termin8orFox I need rep points!

Quote:
sorry I needed to vent.
Jeez. That sucks ass man. Maybe you had something gorund out somewhere? I had that happen on an S-10 once, and the tach did that. Never seen a starter explode, just usually lock up. I do have a buddy that has one hanging in his garage with a connecting rod sticking out of the side of the starter..... Like 3/4 of the way through..........

I agree sometimes you have to walk (or roll, in my case ) away from the car and or garage because bad shit is going to happen and you will just set yourself back further being pissed off and losing it and may fuck your own car up worse being pissed at it......

Sooner or later, when you actually get to drive and enjoy the car, it is all worth it, and you are much more proud of the results having done it yourself.

And I can vouch and say FUCK WIRING!!!!!

I'm sure some of you knew my late uncle, Michael "Sparky" Browne...... Best wiring guy that ever lived FTW! I miss the grouchy bastard.....

John, I hear ya about the lifters. WTF is the underlying cause of this?

Rudy

NO B.S. NO EXCUSES, JUST RUN WHATCHA BRUNG, AND HOPE YA BRUNG ENOUGH!!!

Termin8orFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2009, 04:50 PM   #12
greentrunk
Regulator Racing

greentrunk I need rep points!

Quote:
sorry I needed to vent.

dont give up clint i know how it is, remember last year when i had to pull my trans out 3 times, and now my brakes are screwed and i have to figure something out by saturday........oh and then on top of that when i was changing my valve springs the shims were worn out, a couple valve stem seals were cracked, and a couple inner springs were broke....... and i just had them worked on at the end of the 07 season, so basically after only one summer all that has happened.......good thing i changed them
Unread 04-02-2009, 05:15 PM   #13
crazy

crazy I need rep points!

well im glad its not just me. I swear I fell like the little things turn into big pain in the asses. but dont count me out UNTILL the rods are hanging out the side of this thing . thanks for the encouragement guys.
Unread 04-02-2009, 05:28 PM   #14
Foolsgold80z

Foolsgold80z I need rep points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnquick302
shit i feel ya, went to go test the nitrous last night, crack the bottle and hear nitrous going in the motor. take it all apart and a plunger was fucked up, had to get another solenoid from wheeler today and rebuilt it and put it all back together. then go to test the nitrous again and broke another fucking lifter. all different ones, same shit that happened when i went to race blackstang and the guys from flint. new ones are on the way right now will be here at 630, motor is all torn down waiting for them. fuck comp lifters. this is like the 4th or 5th time this has happened. didnt want to spend 600 on lifters that money was for the chute and wing but need to get the motor right before i need those parts.
Johnny. Two words. CROWER HIPPO.
Foolsgold80z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2009, 05:37 PM   #15
johnquick302

johnquick302 is a positive contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolsgold80z
Johnny. Two words. CROWER HIPPO.
thats what im puttig in now.

DETROIT STREET RACING DVD'S FOR SALE, PM ME IF INTERESTED

johnquick302 is offline   Reply With Quote