Register FAQ/Rules Image Hosting Members List Calendar Forum Home

Go Back   Detroit Racing Forums > RSS NewsFeeds > ADRL Newsfeed

» Sponsors
Support Our Sponsors
Unread 01-06-2011, 01:52 PM   #1
NewsBot

NewsBot I need rep points!
Default ADRL, Maple Grove Raceway Excited About 2011 Race And New Partnership

O’FALLON, MO. (January 5, 2011) - Boasting one of the finest tracks in the nation with a picturesque backdrop to match, Maple Grove Raceway has long been considered one of the top drag racing facilities in the world.In 2011, it will get the American Drag Racing League (ADRL) experience for the first time.With a move that thrilled both the ADRL and the track, the nation’s top eighth-mile drag racing series announced in December that it will make its inaugural trip to Reading, Pa. in May. It marks the third stop on the 2011 ADRL Tour and the May 5-6 date is already heavily anticipated in racing circles.“It’s the first step into the Northeast for the ADRL and we are very excited about that,” Maple Grove Raceway Vice President and General Manager Lex Dudas said.“Everyone has watched this organization grow and a lot of racing fans have wanted us to get an ADRL race on our schedule.”Dudas has long been sold on the ADRL, both as an organization and the racing entertainment it provides.“I’ve been impressed with it for years and I’m looking forward to working with everyone at the ADRL,” Dudas said.ADRL Executive Vice President Jeff Fortune is excited about the relationship he and the ADRL formed with Dudas, which has only raised expectations for the ADRL’s first trip into the market.“This is a great opportunity for the ADRL to reach this audience for the first time,” Fortune said. “It is always exhilarating for us to introduce the ADRL to new markets and we will do everything possible to create lifelong fans. “Maple Grove is such a wonderful facility and Lex has such a great staff, I’m positive it will be a memorable experience for everyone.”What the May race will also present is an opportunity to thrill a capacity crowd at what is widely-regarded as a top destination for racers and fans alike.An educated fan base that stretches into the Philadelphia and Baltimore markets, and beyond, will get to experience the thrills of an ADRL event, many of them doing it for the first time.Dudas thinks the family-oriented ADRL race will impress a lot of new racing fans.“Hopefully the track will gain some new fans in the process,” Dudas said. “The ADRL’s show is great and it introduces new people to the sport. “This is a win-win for everyone. Our market is very, very strong, our fans are educated and we know they will enjoy it.”The fan-friendly venue will enter its 49th year of racing in 2011, but the venue caters to the racers as much as the fans.While the track is located near several major Northeast markets, the raceway’s scenic surroundings create a memorable atmosphere that could also boast some remarkable times and speeds.“I really think the ADRL cars are going to have record-setting performances,” Dudas said. “We’re state of the art, but we’re home grown and the track is in a beautiful part of the country. “We’re going to make every effort to make this a great show and take care of the racers and fans.”

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote