Register FAQ/Rules Image Hosting Members List Calendar Forum Home

Go Back   Detroit Racing Forums > General Discussion > The Alley

» Sponsors
Support Our Sponsors
Unread 09-26-2005, 03:17 PM   #1
Crazzy_Al
One man Wrecking Crew

Crazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like me
Question Mustang Rear Seat Delete Kits...

Who has made one or has the directions and/or write-up on how to do one? I'd buy a prefab one but all the prefab ones have a solid backing on them. (it basically closes the runk off) I don't want that. I want to make a one-off rear seat delete that covers all the ugly parts, (between the back of the seats and the trunk) but still allows full access to the trunk without having to open anything. (access to n2o bottle and amplifiers) I want to make it so that the lower part of the trim piece (backing) covers the access hole to the inside of my amp rack, but still allows all the cool air I need to still go in the trunk and cool my amps. (I run them hot at low OHMs) I'd like to make the panel that covers the floor (where your ass would normally go if the seat was there) on a hinge so that the underside would be accessible. So, any cool or helpful ideas on this?

I searched Google for a bit but only found info on full kits...not directions on how to make my own...

Low, Loud, and "Stormtroopered"...and slow.
MPH.cc / Team MPH
Crazzy_Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2005, 03:25 PM   #2
99SVTAddict
Doesn't play well w/ others

99SVTAddict I need rep points!

Al, this would have to be a custom one-off piece. It could look cool if done right. I have seen one where the seat part is on a hinge, but can't remember where. All I know is most of them out there are cheap and really don't look good except in a picture....in person they always look cheap.

If you aren't good at this type of work you would probably need to find a shop that could do it for you.
99SVTAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2005, 03:42 PM   #3
Crazzy_Al
One man Wrecking Crew

Crazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99SVTAddict
Al, this would have to be a custom one-off piece. It could look cool if done right. I have seen one where the seat part is on a hinge, but can't remember where. All I know is most of them out there are cheap and really don't look good except in a picture....in person they always look cheap.

If you aren't good at this type of work you would probably need to find a shop that could do it for you.
I've done quite a few, very intricate, stereo systems and they turned out really nice. I'm sure I could do something like this, I was just looking for some preliminary info before I got started. Any ideas?

MPH.cc / Team MPH
Unread 09-26-2005, 03:52 PM   #4
99SVTAddict
Doesn't play well w/ others

99SVTAddict I need rep points!

Best idea I have would be to take the seats out and start doing the ole card board cut out thing to get you shape then take the template and start cutting. I have seen some nice custom stuff on some of the message boards but no one has ever posted any dirctions.

Sounds like a great winter project Al.
99SVTAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2005, 03:59 PM   #5
Crazzy_Al
One man Wrecking Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99SVTAddict
Best idea I have would be to take the seats out and start doing the ole card board cut out thing to get you shape then take the template and start cutting. I have seen some nice custom stuff on some of the message boards but no one has ever posted any dirctions.

Sounds like a great winter project Al.
Damn that. I might do it the weekend of the 9-11 of Oct since the wife will be out of town.

MPH.cc / Team MPH