Register FAQ/Rules Image Hosting Members List Calendar Forum Home

Go Back   Detroit Racing Forums > General Discussion > The Gym

» Sponsors
Support Our Sponsors
Unread 08-29-2007, 09:36 AM   #1
Crazzy_Al
One man Wrecking Crew

Crazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like me
Exclamation Ummmm...

Oddly enough I am DOWN almost 10 lbs over the past 2 weeks or so. Getting leaner, but I was hoping that the scale would stay the same or even increase with the recent changes I have made.

Low, Loud, and "Stormtroopered"...and slow.
MPH.cc / Team MPH
Crazzy_Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 09:43 AM   #2
LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS I need rep points!

well.....I can say FOR A FACT...with the current changes you made you have put yourself in a "growth" phase...BUT with the changes you WILL LOSE fat quicker than the gain of muscle.
SO...the scale with ALWAYS show a lose of weight AT FIRST but you will gain the weight back BUT it will be LBM.

EXAMPLE: I started my contest regime and weighed 204 and went down to 191 quickly then after about 5 weeks I was back up to 198 and 6-7% LESS bodyfat.

Stay the course Al...i know the scale with mess with you but USE THE mirror as the guide VS the scale.
LITTLEMAGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 09:45 AM   #3
Crazzy_Al
One man Wrecking Crew

Crazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like me

I'm not sure that I can push any harder in the gym. I am eating, but eating very clean. I am always hungry. I am eating mostly chicken breast, lots of white albacore tuna, a LOT of salad greens, cottage cheese, and popcorn. I have been killing it with the cardio lately, though. Prior to three weeks ago the cardio was almost non existant.

I haven't had candy of any kind in weeks. I haven't had even a light beer, or any booze since WDC, etc.

MPH.cc / Team MPH
Unread 08-29-2007, 09:48 AM   #4
Crazzy_Al
One man Wrecking Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLEMAGS
well.....I can say FOR A FACT...with the current changes you made you have put yourself in a "growth" phase...BUT with the changes you WILL LOSE fat quicker than the gain of muscle.
SO...the scale with ALWAYS show a lose of weight AT FIRST but you will gain the weight back BUT it will be LBM.

EXAMPLE: I started my contest regime and weighed 204 and went down to 191 quickly then after about 5 weeks I was back up to 198 and 6-7% LESS bodyfat.

Stay the course Al...i know the scale with mess with you but USE THE mirror as the guide VS the scale.
I have been relying on the mirror vs the scale the past 1.5 years, but now the scale is really fucking with me.

LBM? Lower Body Mass? If so, I have a hard time finding pants, NOW!

2 weeks ago I was just under 240lbs. Yesterday I weighed in at 233lbs, with pants, boxers, and socks on, pre shit, and post meal. I was blown the fuck away.

MPH.cc / Team MPH
Unread 08-29-2007, 11:22 AM   #5
orangejuiced86
Grinding gears!

orangejuiced86 I need rep points!

So what did you change. Not looking for a generic answer like diet and routines. What specifically did you change in your diet and routines?
Unread 08-29-2007, 11:55 AM   #6
LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS I need rep points!

LBM=lean body mass.

OJ...he changed his diet up slightly...
LITTLEMAGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 12:15 PM   #7
Crazzy_Al
One man Wrecking Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuiced86
So what did you change. Not looking for a generic answer like diet and routines. What specifically did you change in your diet and routines?
Let me think up a good answer over lunch and I will post it up when I get back. But seriously, I changed my diet, made it more strict, lifting is even more fluid and smooth, cardio is a must again, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLEMAGS
OJ...he changed his diet up slightly...

MPH.cc / Team MPH