Register FAQ/Rules Image Hosting Members List Calendar Forum Home

Go Back   Detroit Racing Forums > General Discussion > The Gym

» Sponsors
Support Our Sponsors
Unread 03-29-2006, 06:16 PM   #16
dmkx3

dmkx3 I need rep points!

crazy al, what time do you go? i'm there at 5:00 am 5-6 days a week. not a bad gym. i live like 5 mins. away.
dmkx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2006, 07:47 PM   #17
GTrackd
Lisasbootygoesbudunkadunk

GTrackd people like meGTrackd people like meGTrackd people like meGTrackd people like meGTrackd people like meGTrackd people like meGTrackd people like meGTrackd people like me

Good for you guys, i need to get started with a workout plan/ diet also....
I am so beyond out of shape its sad...lol

I used to ride alot and i dont think my bike has touched a trail in almost 2 years I have no clue wear to start as far as working out goes, i have never done so in my life...It didnt matter before, I had a pretty solid build for my size and nothing ever changed... but now with me getting older and not doin shit I guess its starting to show a bit... (understatement )
The legend that is GTRACKD
my car is slower than yours....
And then..........
GTrackd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2006, 09:31 AM   #18
Crazzy_Al
One man Wrecking Crew

Crazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmkx3
crazy al, what time do you go? i'm there at 5:00 am 5-6 days a week. not a bad gym. i live like 5 mins. away.
After work most weeks. 5:45pm and on. Next week I am on the late shift at work, so I'll be at the gym at like 8:00am or so. 5:00am...you couldn't pay me to get up any earlier than I already do. Nice dedication!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTrackd
Good for you guys, i need to get started with a workout plan/ diet also....
I am so beyond out of shape its sad...lol

I used to ride alot and i dont think my bike has touched a trail in almost 2 years I have no clue wear to start as far as working out goes, i have never done so in my life...It didnt matter before, I had a pretty solid build for my size and nothing ever changed... but now with me getting older and not doin shit I guess its starting to show a bit... (understatement )
Come train with me.

Low, Loud, and "Stormtroopered"...and slow.
MPH.cc / Team MPH
Crazzy_Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2006, 06:05 PM   #19
nitrous_bob

nitrous_bob I need rep points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5.0
I dont plan on changing my diet at all, because I cant really gain weight even eating as much and as unhealthy as I do.
lol...your telling me.

i was off work for 2 years from an accident , still can't do lower body , but been hitting the gym (back at work now, so only 3 days/week) 5 days a week , religiously eating every 3 hours for my 5 meals a day, low fat ( lots of chicken turkey and tuna like al said) and boosting protein like it's going out of style. anywhere from 150g to 250g a day.

my result ....lol.... a little less body fat ( 11% total i think) slightly bigger arms, bigger chest.

my problem...is my 5'6" body WANTS to be about 120 lbs. (wrestled 119 as a senior , and could make weight for 112 if i had to cover that spot)
forcing it it to be the current 140 is ALOT of work. and i still don't have a defined 6-pack.

oh well, i'm healthier than i was 2 years ago right ???

but hey...congrats to all trying.....maybe in 10 years we won't be "the worlds fattest country"
Unread 03-30-2006, 06:10 PM   #20
nitrous_bob

hey gtracked....i go to powerhouse at 10/harper, but gonna change to the gym closer to you (if you were leaving your house when i saw you anyways )

the one at 17 / van dyke

gonna start when my membership runs out, will go after work, and b4 school.

like 4:00-5:30
Unread 03-31-2006, 03:25 AM   #21
bigslim
Chocolate Thunder
Supporting Member

bigslim I need rep points!

Looking good Al. I know how it is. I lost 60 pds last year. My secret was changing my diet and walking. Now I have a new stationary bike and I still walk. Keep it up man.
TRILOGY SUPERCHARGER #73
415.3 RWHP 436.2 RWTQ
410 Gears
K&N air Charger
Flowmaster Delta 40's/ Megs Delete Tips
http://www.cardomain.com/id/bigslim2
bigslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2006, 06:57 AM   #22
GTrackd
Lisasbootygoesbudunkadunk

GTrackd people like meGTrackd people like meGTrackd people like meGTrackd people like meGTrackd people like meGTrackd people like meGTrackd people like meGTrackd people like me

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous_bob
hey gtracked....i go to powerhouse at 10/harper, but gonna change to the gym closer to you (if you were leaving your house when i saw you anyways )

the one at 17 / van dyke

gonna start when my membership runs out, will go after work, and b4 school.

like 4:00-5:30
HAHA, no i was leaving my sisters house..... I live at 9 & harper....

I am gonna need to start working out, also getting my fat ass back on the bike will help... I dunno if i could even manage to ride that bitch around the block anymore though, let alone 15-20 miles...
The legend that is GTRACKD
my car is slower than yours....
And then..........
GTrackd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2006, 09:45 AM   #23
Crazzy_Al
One man Wrecking Crew

Crazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like me

Thanks, Slim.

Come train with me, guys.

MPH.cc / Team MPH
Unread 03-31-2006, 11:48 AM   #24
silverknight
SLO = Shitty Low Output

silverknight I need rep points!

i just rode 2.5miles on our old school schwinn stationary bike. did that in like under 15min. boy im beat.

this mornin when i got up and weighd myself i was 197... i know, im fat, but then i had a shake, and drank a glass of water, and im at 200.. does like 20oz of fluid and joggin pants weight 3lbs? o well, better than the 204 before eatin i was at a few weeks ago. that means im at like a 6 or so lb loss in like 3 weeks with minimal workin out. if i keep it at this rate ill get down to the 180 i wanna be at. which i know is still a lil fat for a 5'4/5'5 guy, but im not in any way gettin under 170.

btw.. what are the best ways to get rid of my manboobs and giant thighs? those are the main things bothering me. my arms are decent, and i can live with my gut for now. but i want the rest gone.

White 93 Ford Taurus SHO ATX - 108k - kinda stock

Blue 62 Caddy Sedan De'Ville - FOR SALE $2000firm
silverknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2006, 11:53 AM   #25
BigWheelinBubba

BigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight

btw.. what are the best ways to get rid of my manboobs and giant thighs? those are the main things bothering me.
liposuction lol..
BigWheelinBubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2006, 12:47 PM   #26
Crazzy_Al
One man Wrecking Crew

Quote:
i just rode 2.5miles on our old school schwinn stationary bike. did that in like under 15min. boy im beat.

this mornin when i got up and weighd myself i was 197... i know, im fat, but then i had a shake, and drank a glass of water, and im at 200.. does like 20oz of fluid and joggin pants weight 3lbs? o well, better than the 204 before eatin i was at a few weeks ago. that means im at like a 6 or so lb loss in like 3 weeks with minimal workin out. if i keep it at this rate ill get down to the 180 i wanna be at. which i know is still a lil fat for a 5'4/5'5 guy, but im not in any way gettin under 170.

btw.. what are the best ways to get rid of my manboobs and giant thighs? those are the main things bothering me. my arms are decent, and i can live with my gut for now. but i want the rest gone.
DIET, DIET, DIET, DIET, and cardio...lots of it.

MPH.cc / Team MPH
Unread 04-01-2006, 07:45 PM   #27
tirebitten
Caution: Unloading!
Supporting Member

tirebitten I need rep points!

good job bro. i need to start working out again.
tirebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2006, 10:38 PM   #28
nitrous_bob

Quote:
.. does like 20oz of fluid and joggin pants weight 3lbs?

you'd be surprised.

water weighs 8.34 lbs/gallon , i used to weigh b4 and after working out / 45 minutes in the sauna always many pounds less than normal.

and yeah like al has been saying diet is EVERYTHING.

and diet doesn't mean not eating.....actually means the opposite sometimes.

one thing i heard a guy say was " a body isn't built in the gym, it's built in the kitchen"

to cut weight, you need to take in less calories than you use in a day.

but to eat every 3-4 hours for about a 12 hour period , lots and lots of protein.

this will cause your metabolism to speed up, and burn fat all day long by itself.

keep track of your meals, and monitor your weight. you will hungry often from this, so make sure your not overeating.....and contrary to some belief, you have a better start by being overweight than underweight. trust me on this one.

like i said, i've been hitting the gym harder than you would ever believe for the last year and a half.

bulk turns to muscle quick if you work at it. to make muscle from nothing is no joke though lol.
Unread 04-02-2006, 05:51 PM   #29
Crazzy_Al
One man Wrecking Crew

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARR!!!!!!

MPH.cc / Team MPH