Register FAQ/Rules Image Hosting Members List Calendar Forum Home

Go Back   Detroit Racing Forums > RSS NewsFeeds > ADRL Newsfeed

» Sponsors
Support Our Sponsors
Unread 04-01-2011, 05:31 PM   #1
NewsBot

NewsBot I need rep points!
Default Tim McAmis Set To Drive New Lightweight Pro Extreme Car

HAWK POINT, MO (April 1, 2011) - After several years away from competition to focus on expanding his business, Pro Modified pioneer and world champion Tim McAmis says it is time for him to get back on the race track.“We have been developing a house car at TMRC over the last year to compete in Pro Extreme,” McAmis stated. The plan was to debut the new car at the 2011 American Drag Racing League season opener in Baytown, Texas, but new obligations and being appointed the head of the ADRL put the project on hold.“It was rather disappointing having to drop the project. The guys at the shop were really looking forward to seeing all the new innovations put into action, but it looked like the car was going to have to sit for the year,” McAmis said.After a successful opening to the 2011 American Drag Racing League season this past weekend, McAmis saw an opportunity to revive the plan of returning to competition. With excitement in his voice, McAmis said, “Things in Houston went great! We have the right people in place on the ADRL staff and they are all great at what they do. Running the event was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I have decided to take a step back and let everyone continue to do what they do best throughout the rest of the year. It’s time for me to get back on the race track.”The debut for the Tim McAmis Performance Parts Camaro is now set for the upcoming ADRL Safety-Kleen Spring Drags II in Palm Beach, Florida with testing to begin this weekend. “This new Camaro is something else. Everyone in the shop had the chance to think outside the box and this car is definitely one of a kind. There is no doubt in my mind that this is the lightest and safest doorslammer ever built,” McAmis said.The car features the new TMRC billet housing as well as the popular V4 Camaro body, although it is far from ordinary. The TMRC composite shop engineers were given a chance to shine as the body weighs in at a mere 41 pounds, yet still maintains the unmatched strength of the standard V4 carbon fiber body. However, the tricks don’t stop there. The Camaro features a significant amount of carbon fiber tubing used to mount components such as the on-board computer, various electronics and also a unique system for mounting the body.Although he is usually a man of few words, McAmis is noticeably enthusiastic about the project and is looking forward to getting back in the driver’s seat in chase of another world championship.For more information, check out www.timmcamis.com

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote