Register FAQ/Rules Image Hosting Members List Calendar Forum Home

Go Back   Detroit Racing Forums > RSS NewsFeeds > ADRL Newsfeed

» Sponsors
Support Our Sponsors
Unread 04-01-2011, 02:00 AM   #1
NewsBot

NewsBot I need rep points!
Default With Help From Enders and Aronson, Rush Job No Sweat For XPS’ Stevens

Richie Stevens wasn’t expecting a call, but he didn’t think twice about accepting the opportunity, even if it came just two days before CarSafe Dragpalooza VII presented by LenMar Motorsports.With CarSafe owner Mark Eckman unable to drive his new Extreme Pro Stock Mustang, Stevens got the call - albeit a late one - to drive the CarSafe Mustang, and the results have been more than encouraging thus far.Stevens qualified in the No. 4 position and then beat his teammate, Cale Aronson, with a 4.14 in the first round of eliminations.That’s the latest happening in what has been a whirlwind turn of events for Stevens. He was rushed to the airport on Wednesday and didn’t even make a pass at San Antonio Raceway until 11:30 p.m.“I picked him up in San Antonio Wednesday night, he went 4.11 and then we went to the trailer and came here,” Aronson said. “He’s definitely doing us a favor coming out here.”It was an unfortunate situation for Eckman, who had hoped to debut at the event where his company was the title sponsor, but everything has seemingly worked out well. Stevens laughed at recalling the wild sequence to get to the Texas area in time to race in the ADRL season opener.“It was a last-minute deal for sure. I was at work and then I just rushed to the airport,” Stevens said. “I’m just excited to be here.“It’s my first time ever at an ADRL event in any capacity and it’s just been great to be here.”Stevens did more than just show up, going as quick as a 4.10 in qualifying.He fell in the quarterfinals to John Montecalvo, but Stevens more than showed his worth over the two days. It’s his first time in an Extreme Pro Stock car, but the racing element of it all came back quickly to Stevens, who had the assistance of NHRA Pro Stock driver Erica Enders, along with the entire Aronson Motorsports team, all weekend.“It’s like a lot of cars I’ve drive, routine and technique-wise,” Stevens said. “Everyone has really been helpful. There’s no reason why we can’t go fast and go some rounds.”Stevens’ consistency has been impressive, but this isn’t a one-time deal according to Aronson.Expect to see Stevens behind the wheel - and Enders in the pits - at least through the end of May, which equates to the first four races of the ADRL season.“Richie will be driving probably through Memphis (on May 21-22) and then we’ll look at the points, reassess things and see what we want to do,” Aronson said. Aronson likely wasn’t overjoyed with losing in the first round, but Stevens and Aronson should form quite the formidable duo to start the season.It’s been rushed and hectic thus far, but Aronson is pleased with where things seem to be headed.“They’re pretty much clone cars,” Aronson said. “Both are really good and have optimal potential. There’s definitely more in them. I’m very happy.“Stuff is happening really fast and working really good. The best thing is it’s kind of like a family.”(Photos by ADRL/Richards)

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote