Register FAQ/Rules Image Hosting Members List Calendar Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Detroit Racing Forums > RSS NewsFeeds > ADRL Newsfeed

» Sponsors
Support Our Sponsors
Unread 06-02-2010, 10:10 PM   #1
NewsBot

NewsBot I need rep points!
Default Marsh Making XTF Debut in Virginia

PETERSBURG, VA (May 18, 2010)—Candyce Marsh (left) is no stranger to fast doorslammer racing.Previously a competitor in Pro Nitrous at the prestigious ADRL Dragstock III at Rockingham Dragway in 2006, as well as several Sportsman classes, the Raleigh, North Carolina, native is preparing for her Extreme 10.5 (XTF) debut this weekend in the ADRL Speedtech U.S. Drags III at Virginia Motorsports Park (VMP). “Wow, I am so excited to be getting back to the race track in competition,” she exclaims. “I am very thankful for the support and collaboration of my parents and Maurice Bea, my friend, crew chief and business partner for this event. It is great to have the long-term support of great companies like Moser Engineering, Mickey Thompson Tires and Cheeks Performance. Additionally, I am glad to introduce new companies like MoBea Solutions.” It has taken several years of hard work for Marsh to return to ADRL competition. Working with a business development company she was able to secure associate sponsorship, but not yet a primary sponsor for 2010, which again threatened to put her plans on hold. That was until Bea suggested: “You have the parts, pieces and support of your sponsors; let’s retrofit my outlaw Mustang and go Extreme 10.5 racing.”“What a perfect idea,” Marsh recalls. “So 45 days later here we are. We are still working hard to secure a primary sponsorship for 2010, [but] this will allow us to race full time and competitively on the ADRL circuit. My business development team and I are speaking with several companies at this time.” Marsh will take to the VMP eighth mile in Bea’s 1998 ‘Stang, built on a Tim McAmis Race Cars kit chassis with updates by Cheeks Performance and motivated by a “big,” nitrous-boosted Buck Racing Engines Hemi running through a Cheeks-built Powerglide transmission.Also significant is the team utilizing a Moser M9 Full Floater Drag Housing for the first time in ADRL competition. After extensive testing, local racing and wonderful results, Marsh and Bea feel the Moser M9 is ready for the rigors of ADRL Extreme 10.5 and invite racers and fans alike to come by and see the Moser M9 in action. “Moser Engineering is known for world-class products and the M9 Floater is just that,” Bea states. “Additionally, Moser has a Moser Full Floater Assembly Kit that converts an existing housing to a full floater. We are pleased with the results of the M9 and would recommend it to any competitors in Extreme 10.5. It provides the safety needed at a cost-effective price point.”On a personal note, Marsh enters this weekend’s race in honor of O’Prentiss Ball. “It is a great honor to be able to compete on a national platform for Prentiss and the entire Bea family,” she says. “Prentiss was such a likeable young man with a contagious and welcoming personality. He loved drag racing! I am thankful that we will be able to do this in his memory.”Always with high expectations of success, Marsh thinks no matter what the outcome at VMP this weekend, it will represent a victory for herself and her team.

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote