Go Back   Detroit Racing Forums > General Discussion > The Alley

» Sponsors
Support Our Sponsors

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 08-13-2005, 09:24 PM   #1
Psyco Diver 69

Psyco Diver 69 I need rep points!
Default I managed to get my motor back in

Well the motor is back in, I don't know how but its in. Well first I got my friend to come over and help me, he has no real mechanical skills, but he wants to learn so I got him over. Anyways the old motor came out easy enough but the new one didn't go back in so easily. When we had in lowered the motor was leaning forward and to the drivers side and no matter what we did the damn thing kept going over. The flexplate was resting on the torque converter bung, and I managed to get it off that and turn the torque converter so it wouldn't get caught up. The motor was about a inch or two from the tranny too. But it was still leaning so I got a 2x4 and put it on its end and jacked it up on the front driver sider corner and we tried lowering that way and the damn thing wouldn't go. I said screw it and repositioned the 2x4 and told him to drop the motor down fast, boom goes right into the motor mounts and lines up perfect with the tranny.

After some laughing we couldn't get the tranny tight up against the motor, the bottom was touching but the top wasn't even close enough to use the bolts to tighten in. So after some playing with the jack holding up the tranny the tranny still didn't tighten up, so I get up and push the motor back then another mircale happened, the motor went flush against the tranny. I bolted them up, and then I put the old motor on the engine stand so I can do pull her apart see what went wrong.

When I put the motor in last time it went in so easy, but I also had 2 other people that dropped a couple motors before, this time it was me and some one that didn't know much.
1972 Olds Cutlass S (parts car)
Psyco Diver 69 is offline   Reply With Quote