Register FAQ/Rules Image Hosting Members List Calendar Forum Home

Go Back   Detroit Racing Forums > Technical Discussion > The Shop

» Sponsors
Support Our Sponsors
Unread 09-29-2007, 01:47 PM   #1
lone racer

lone racer I need rep points!
Default 302 help

Hey ,need help figuring what is going on....got this 302(d10e) .040 over,guy gave it to me and said spun a bearing HAVE IT! yep... any way took pan off pulled rod,main ,and they look great crank also,BUT SOMETHING DONT SEEM RIGHT ABOUT IT ,are the main bearings suposed to have ones that wrap over on the cap???cause this dont,their like rod bearings,flat. before i pulled it apart it had ALOT of crank end play,slideing back and forth what looked like about 3/8" ,he said it was a fresh rebuild that went bad???sat in his basement for years ,its verry clean,pistons,rods look new/recon, bore is nice havent pulled cam but it looks good,have 2 sets of heads and everything is oil free sludge free ,has a rpm intake and headers,I want to sell it actually,so if it sounds like something u want to play with let me know!i have no purpose for it but want to fix if i cant sell any ideas on the bearings/end play??
lone racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2007, 02:25 PM   #2
Fryguy302
SPOOLED UP!
Administrator

Fryguy302 I need rep points!

Only the thrust bearing has the bearings that wrap around the cap. That's the one that controls crankshaft endplay. I'll see if I can find a pic for ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone racer
Hey ,need help figuring what is going on....got this 302(d10e) .040 over,guy gave it to me and said spun a bearing HAVE IT! yep... any way took pan off pulled rod,main ,and they look great crank also,BUT SOMETHING DONT SEEM RIGHT ABOUT IT ,are the main bearings suposed to have ones that wrap over on the cap???cause this dont,their like rod bearings,flat. before i pulled it apart it had ALOT of crank end play,slideing back and forth what looked like about 3/8" ,he said it was a fresh rebuild that went bad???sat in his basement for years ,its verry clean,pistons,rods look new/recon, bore is nice havent pulled cam but it looks good,have 2 sets of heads and everything is oil free sludge free ,has a rpm intake and headers,I want to sell it actually,so if it sounds like something u want to play with let me know!i have no purpose for it but want to fix if i cant sell any ideas on the bearings/end play??
Unread 09-29-2007, 03:12 PM   #3
lone racer

lone racer I need rep points!

Sweet ,would appreciate it,what r some good tec type sites,and block/head #s sites to help me figure what heads i got,seems kinda hard to find any real helpfull FORD sites,hell maby im polish?
lone racer is offline   Reply With Quote